Moms going to be over the moon that you're coming to visit. That's if you make it through the security line. We're talking being prepared so that you can move through the line quickly and not miss your flight.
Check out these items that can set off metal detectors.
- Heavy jewelry (including pins, necklaces, bracelets, rings, watches, earrings, body piercings, cuff links, lanyards or bolo ties)
- Clothing with metal buttons, snaps or studs
- Metal hair barrettes or other hair decoration
- Belt buckles
- Under-wire bras
- Hidden items such as body piercings may result in your being directed to additional screening for a pat-down inspection. If selected for additional screening, you may ask to remove your body piercing in private as an alternative to the pat-down search.
- Take metal items such as keys, loose change, mobile phones, pagers, and personal data assistants (PDAs) out of your pockets.
- Place heavy jewelry and other metal items in your carry-on baggage or in plastic bags if they are offered, until you clear security.
- Pack all your coats and jackets in your baggage when possible. All coats and jackets must go through the X-ray machine for inspection. These include, but are not limited to, trench coats, heavy winter coats, suit jackets, sport coats and blazers. If you choose to wear an outer coat or jacket to the checkpoint, you will need to either place it in your carry-on or put it in the bin that is provided for you.
Need more tips from the TSA?
Make sure your checked bags are compliant as well with TSA locks.